The Royal Abbey of Huelgas is a Cistercian convent located in Burgos. It was founded in 1187 by King Alfonso VIII of Castile and his consort Eleanor.
The highlights of this convent include the Romanesque cloister and Chapel of the Assumption, in the Almohad style.
Today's building, cloister and quarters date back to the first half of the thirteenth century, while the chapter house, refectory and granary were built during the reign of King Ferdinand III of Castile.
The church's naves house the choir as well as the royal tombs of its founding monarchs and their immediate successors. The garments on display in the Museum of Medieval Textiles in the complex were originally found in the tombs of the Royal Pantheon.